Thursday 26 February 2009

At least I'm trying

This Sunday marks just 16 weeks until the Liverpool Triathlon, and I gulped heavily when I realised this fact. As most training schedules are for 15 weeks, I have just 10 days to get myself ready before the preparation begins in earnest. Thankfully I have already got my bike back on the road as I rode about 35 miles today. Admittedly it was done at a leisurely pace, but at this stage it is time on the bike that counts. My legs felt strong and I was comfortable throughout the ride, which in turn has boosted my confidence. I am running anyway, and managed to complete a gruelling speedwork session on Wednesday evening which consisted of 15 x 200m sprints. By about number 10 my legs were screaming, and I also felt a bit sick. But I managed to complete the set, and I know I will feel the benefit. All I have to do now is conquer my life-long held dislike of swimming and I have got it made. But swimming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment