Thursday 5 March 2009

Busy busy

I have been quite busy the past few days, hence my lack of posts. After my run of 3 night-shifts had ended, (have I mentioned that I have to work nights?) I have been determined to enjoy my 5 days off, and get plenty of things done. Near the top of the list has been to crank up my training in preparation of the start of my Triathlon training and I have done okay so far. I ran about 4 miles on Tuesday, did a really hard speed sesion on Wednesday, and am cycling 35-40 miles tomorrow. There is a distinct lack of swimming in my life but I am hoping to rectify that in the near future.

I received written confirmation of my place at JMU to study Journalism today. I have already accepted the place online vis UCAS, but it was still nice to see it written down in black and white. I think the least I can do as a mature student is to start my prep now so I am trying to find out as much about the course as possible. I haven't learnt much thus far, other than I will be based at the new campus in Edge Lane. I am slightly disappointed as I would have preferred to be based in the city centre, but it is state-of-the-art apparently so it should mean the course itself is of the highest standard. I am still excited though, if not a bit daunted. Back to study, coupled with the guarantee that I will be the oldest student in class, makes me slightly apprehensive. Throw my grammatical issues into the mix as well and you can understand my fears. There is much to be done even before I start the course in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment