Thursday 1 January 2009

The 1st day of the new year!!

It would be rude not to start with a 'happy new year, ' although I'm sure a lot of people will be sick of seasonal platitudes and will be relishing a return to normality. Personally I am always ready to resume my life after Xmas, and this year is no exception. Whilst I have had a nice time with my family, and the break from work is wonderful, I am now itching to get on with the rest of my life, and seeing if I can  make the changes I so desperately want to. More of that later, but for the meantime, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!!!.

New year's resolutions are easy to make, and so hard to stick to. If I had lost the 2 stone I had planned to each year,  I would be at least minus 6 stone by now.  That makes me sound like a complete wastrel but I have never managed to get my weight down to a level I am satisfied with. I am currently just under 14 stone having been as low as 13 stone 2 lbs in June 2008. My target has always been 12 stone,  but I have revised that to 12 and a half stone which is more realistic. I am hoping that writing a blog will help me although that is dependant on getting your attention, and you following my progress. So, I implore you to stay with me as I try and get down to 175lbs!

Weight loss however isn't my only ambition for 2009. I have a number of objectives;  some of which are linked, some overlap, and some stand alone. And central to all of them is to write. Whether it is this blog, or on my football team's website, or for my local free newspaper, 2009 is the year in which I want to become a writer. And to be a writer means one thing; writing stuff. I am hoping that the discipline required to write here each day, or as often as possible, will help me achieve my ambition. I will expand on this further in the coming weeks and months but for now I am happy to announce to the world that I want to be a writer, and I am motivated to do whatever it takes. So, if I strike a chord with anybody who reads this blog, please comment, advise, offer constructive criticism, whatever. I would be most honoured to hear from you.  

That's it for today as I don't want to babble on for too long. I just wanted to start my blog and today I have. I am genuinely excited at what lies ahead and I have much to say. And, once again, happy new year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment