Saturday 10 January 2009

Frozen dreams


Frustration is a feeling that one gets used to when running a junior football team. I have lost count of the times I have had to bite my lip to preserve both my sanity, and my touchline respectability. The current cold weather snap is fueling my frustration however as another saturday morning has passed without a ball being kicked in anger. What was once a weekend staple is now just a distant memory. I'm missing the fun, the laughter, the camaraderie, and the many special moments that take place every time the team play. An enjoyable match in the morning sets me up for the day in the way that Ready Brek did a generation ago. And a poor game, or worse still a blank day leaves me feeling bereft, and unsatisfied. I can't wait to get back to action, and get back into my favorite weekend routine.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment