Monday 26 January 2009

Today is the first day...















...of my 21 week Liverpool triathlon programme. The pictures above serve to illustrate my current physical condition, and my appearance 6 months ago. Having placed them side by side there doesn't appear to be much difference although the scales tell me it is 11lbs. The picture below is the current snap, (how sad would I have been to have staged the one on top?) and I think I benefit from the late afternoon sunshine which  was pouring into my back room. Only a full length shot would truly illustrate my point although I'm sure I would be invited to leave the internet for life if I did. But today I am just under a stone heavier than in June 2008 when the trophy-holding photo was taken. My plan is to now lose just 1lb per week until race day. That would mean a weight loss of 21lbs, and would leave me, stood by the River Mersey in a wetsuit, weighing 12 stone, 5lbs. I can picture it now; a 6-pack, 32" inch waist, just the one chin, wolf-whistles.......perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment