Wednesday 20 May 2009

Sod's Law


Last night, when handed the opportunity to leave work an hour early, I changed in a flash. I bid farewell to my colleagues, both of whom were watching from the hostel entrance. I climbed on my bicycle and pedaling towards home. 10 yards later I was rendered stationery as a nail had entered my front tyre. In an instant my early dart had disappeared. I changed again, and began the 3/4 mile walk to the bus stop. I eventually got home around the time that I normally would have.

The only silver lining was that the bus driver was unable to give me change of a £5 note so I got a free trip. But it was scant consolation. After the excitement of Monday, and the opportunity to play on Everton's beautiful pitch, it was back to reality with a bang, (and a nail).

No comments:

Post a Comment