Saturday 13 June 2009

A week is a long time in Triathlon


With just 7 days to go until the big race, my preparation is now in the fine-tuning stage. I am heading to the Albert Dock at 9am to take part in my fourth and final open-water swim before next Sunday and, perversely, I am now looking forward to it. It seems so strange that only a month ago I was petrified at the prospect of swimming in the docks, yet now I am actually excited , and certainly not afraid or intimidated. If I am honest, I'm more nervous about stages two and three as my bike is slow, (it's a hybrid, used for commuting) and I haven't done too much running of late. That said, I feel that I have a good running base to call upon so I should be okay. The weight loss which I threatened all those weeks ago has failed to materialise, and I look truly awful in the wetsuit. It leaves little to the imagination, and highlights every bit of spare flesh, (I have plenty in case you are short). But it really is about taking part, and I am relishing the challenge, and hope that I come through unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment