Saturday 4 April 2009

Effing and jeffing

Check out www.marshallsfc.me.uk to read the latest match report for my junior team. The match was notable for Philip scoring 2 goals, both of them free kicks from long range. It was also memorable as Philip swore at me from the pitch as my-dad-is-the-manager-frustrations boiled over. Once he had calmed down, and the tears had dried up, he played his little heart out, and turned a 1-0 defecit into a 2-1 lead.

The picture above was taken at Liverpool Academy a couple of years ago. The team had just won a cup and the players were posing for photographs. What is so fantastic about the image is that Ellie joined in even though her role had been limited to spectator. Her generosity of spirit shone through, and the result was a keepsake I truly treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment